The Srego ceCmd is a Command-Prompt Window similar to the Windows Command Prompt. It is installed and runs on the desktop, but it manipulates a connected Windows Mobile Device. The ceCmd uses RAPI to communicate with the connected device and no software needs to be installed on the device itself. The utility supports devices running Pocket PC, Windows Mobile, Smartphone, and CE.NET. On the Srego support web page, you can download a trail version of the software or read the product documentation
The Srego ceCmd application is still in beta and is not yet complete, but it does contain a significant amount of functionality. The idea behind ceCmd is to provide another style of input for a connected Windows CE device. The ceCmd is not exactly like a Windows Command Prompt because there are several things about the Windows Command Prompt that can be improved upon (especially when applied to a connected device). However, if you are familiar with using a Windows Command Prompt, the ceCmd should feel familar. The basic functionality of ceCmd is described below:
File Info and Manipulation Commands
- Use the Up/Down Arrow Keys to traverse the command history
Command History Dialog to view and manipulate command history (View/Command History)
- Command history is persistent between sessions
Drag and Drop File Copying
- Drag and Drop files on the Srego ceCmd Application window and they will be copied to the device’s current directory.
- INFO – Get information about the connected device:
Device Id, Available and Total Memory, Available and Total Storage Space, Battery Status, AC Line Status, Processor Type
- VER – Displays the connected device’s Windows CE Version.
Miscellaneous Commands and Features
- HELP – Get help on individual commands.
- EXIT – Exit the Srego ceCmd application.
- CLS – Clear the display buffer.
- Connection Status indicator