Sunday, July 30, 2006

Similar CE Tools and Utilities

I am sure there are several utilities on the internet similar to the Srego products. I want to go through as many as I can find and I will update this list as I find more.

For the Srego CE ToolPack command-line utilties, a set of tools from General Paranoyaxc Software as been pointed out to me. There are a lot of good utilities and tools here worth looking at, and they are all free. I point this site out because I read a posting about the Srego CE ToolPack once that sounded like the utilities I provide are freely available elsewhere. The answer is yes and no. Yes, there are similar tools available else where, but there is a significant amount of functionality added to the Srego tools not found in the free ones.

There are also developer tools similar to the Srego CE ToolPack ActiveX control. One example is from VBCE.com: CeConnect, CeConnectFile, CEConnectSystem, CeConnectEvents. These are all good tools with evaluation versions to try. There are other controls from VBCE.com available for the CE platform: vbceDateTimePicker, vbceProgressBar, etc. Check these out too. Another good resource for developers wanting to use the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework is www.OpenNETCF.org

No comments: